Saturday, August 24, 2013

Squatchy Goodness



 Bigfoot.
 I have a lot of enthusiasm and wonder about this subject.
 I get up everyday thinking
"what's going to happen to make this day full of Squatchy goodness?"
 Learning about Sasquatch is the spice of life for me and always in the forefront of my mind. The day before yesterday was a gloomy day,and for a girl like me these days are the absolute best. Being excited was an understatement!
 


Incredible

 So I jumped into my Chevy and headed out east, to roll the dice on another nature preserve.(Yes another one) This one felt special to me, it had been a while since I had traveled this far on my own. Not because I didn't want to, but for having had limited use of my car in the past few weeks. It took me a mere 40 minutes to get there from Columbus. (where I reside) I really enjoy the freedom it brings me , and the escape it gives from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Ah, who am I kidding? I love everything about Bigfooting!



Blackhand Gorge Nature Preserve 

   

957 acres seems like plenty of room for a Sasquatch to be frolicking freely!The licking river runs just east of the trail, and there are a few little stagnant ponds just to the west. The narrow sandstone gorge was just one of the breathtakingly beautiful features of this park. The wildlife was plentiful, and I had noticed plenty of Squatchy hiding spots around almost every corner! I had even seen some cute baby deer just a few feet away and some very rascally squirrels throwing nut shells at me! 






My mind is always in investigative mode,one of the  many things I focus on out in the field are the trees. They hold a bunch of clues and intrigue when it comes to Bigfoot in my opinion. On top of this gorge were trees that had "fallen down" and trees that looked as if the branches were pulled off of them making them almost bare. I always have my eyes open to this. Also alot of strangely placed trees blocking the path that lead up to the top of this rocky gorge. This looked like a perfect Squatchy vantage point to me.

thought this looked interesting and odd


here are some trees with  the branches pulled off.
If any other animal would do this, I would really love to know!

     This place is also very historical. The name came from a black hand shaped Native American Petroglyph,which was engraved on a large sandstone cliff.This was along the northern side of the licking river. Unfortunately the Petroglyph was destroyed in 1828 when canal builders had dynamited the face of the cliff.This was during the construction of the Ohio-Erie canal which actually runs through the gorge. You can still see the towpaths as well.  If I were a Sasquatch I would totally call this awesome place home. Having many food and water sources, secret hiding spots, and being closed after dark; I think its safe to say this place has a whole lot of Squatchy Goodness to go around.This preserve was full of mysterious wonders. I will most definitely be back to try and solve them.




~Peace, Love and Squatches~









No comments: