Friday, June 21, 2013

Summer Fried Chicken




Our DNA makeup, environment and lifestyle choices make up the people that we our today. Growing up with no money in a poor suburb of Columbus, we always made do with what we had.Which therefor has made me a very frugal person. Looking back at my childhood now, I would not change a thing. Life has taught me a very valuable lesson, a lesson you cannot learn from any book. Being underprivileged has made me a more empathetic person in the long run. I would rather be rich in my heart then rich in my pockets any day.

Went kinda deep there I know... but now I'm going deep fried! Even though I don't eat fried food everyday, you shouldn't deprive yourself all the time :) So this is my personal recipe for Fried chicken! I'm letting it out of my secret vault for you Bigfooters and readers to enjoy!


This will make enough for about 4-5 people depending on appetites

Little Chicken Bittys


Ingredients:

3lbs of Boneless Chicken cut into quarter size pieces

2 cups of all purpose flour or (for Gluten free use rice flour)

1/4 cup Cornstarch

1/2 cup of Corn meal

2 tbs Smoked Paprika

3 tbs  Garlic Powder

5 tbs  Salt 

5 tbs  Black Pepper

2 tbs Onion powder

2 tbs Chili powder

Optional: Ground red pepper for heat 3 tbs

Wet: 
3 cups of vitamin D milk 
 Optional : Franks red hot sauce

Don't forget to add some love!


Turn on frying receptacle  to 350 degrees, or heat oil in a large pan on medium high heat. 
After cutting up the chicken, let it soak in the milk for about 15 minutes or longer. (the longer the better!)
 I like to add  hot sauce to the milk. but that is Optional.
In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients with a whisk until its all incorporated.
Then take about a handful of the chicken pieces after they are done soaking, drop them into the dry mixture and toss them around, until they are completely covered. Drop into hot oil and wait for them to rise to the top. They will be done around 6-8 minutes. ( if you get low on the dry mixture add more flour as needed)

This is literally the cheapest fried chicken recipe I could come up with without sacrificing any quality.
Enjoy this, and share with friends!



~Peace, Love, and  Squatches~




No comments: