Monday, May 6, 2013

Fire Starter Thief ...


                                               


       My family and I took a trip to South Bloomingfield, Ohio to camp , as earlier noted in my first blog entry. We stayed in a cabin  secluded in the middle of the woods. It was a chilly day and we decided to pick up a fire starter at Grandma Faye's ( local grocery/general store)down the street since it had rained the night before. I left the bag on a bench in front of our cabin, went inside at approximately 4:30 and when we all came back outside at 5:05 the bag was empty, no fire starter or sign of anyone being there to take it!  Kinda strange considering the cabin was a mile and a half from any other campsites.
                                                         
   Around 10 pm that night I went out on the deck to take a look at the stars. As soon as I got out I heard something comparable to grimlins eating (only thing I could think of it sounding like!) It scared me so bad that I ran inside and slammed  the door shut,
The very next morning the fire starter was sitting on the porch directly in front of the door with pieces taken out of it like it had been chewed on by something.











I didn't notice these muddy prints at first, it actually took about 7 pictures and I was standing very still. I used 
a 14 mp camera, and it still turned out blurry. 
I have no idea what kind of animal would make a muddy print like this,
the bottom print  actually looked like a 10 yr old child's foot print but a little wider.  The smaller one above looked like a toddlers foot print.






If you have any thoughts or questions please feel free to comment or email me.
It was a hell of an experience and I will probably go back even though it scared me to half to death,.
 I really wished I had recorded  what I heard that night ,or caught whatever stole my fire starter.
Better luck next time I guess!


~Peace,Love and Squatches~

No comments: